Help with power head please

aaron11

Hi guys I have an aqua one r620 power head

I think the water went below it and i didnt see it in time :dno:

It wont work now it goes when you plug it in and hums but it wont suck any water up

I have taken the inproellor thing out and put it back no Avail

This is for a top trickle filter

Does anyone know if I can get a second hand one anywhere

or better to get a new one and do you have to keep the water above it? as in the tank filled right up

Its only a 90 litre tank so no use buying an external for that.

The filter seems to be affective when it works

any ideas thanks

Hi guys I have an aqua one r620 power head

I think the water went below it and i didnt see it in time :dno:

It wont work now it goes when you plug it in and hums but it wont suck any water up

I have taken the inproellor thing out and put it back no Avail

This is for a top trickle filter

IdHitIt.jpg

Try hitting it. A lot of small powerheads sometimes won't start properly when they're powered up. Or get a toothpick or something and poke the impeller, it will probably start spinning. Running them dry isn't really that big of a deal unless it's for ages so it wears out or overheats. They'll usually rattle away for an hour or two without a problem.

IdHitIt.jpg

Try hitting it. A lot of small powerheads sometimes won't start properly when they're powered up. Or get a toothpick or something and poke the impeller, it will probably start spinning. Running them dry isn't really that big of a deal unless it's for ages so it wears out or overheats. They'll usually rattle away for an hour or two without a problem.

Thanks I will do that i do remmber giving it the bash before, you can take that impeller out and put it back in that dont help its not broken

I will give it a go and let you know after otherwise looks like it will be a new one

There is a reason power heads are supposed to be submerged.

Seriously, if you have not kept the tank filled right up you will have most likely burnt something out. HFF have replacements for all the Aqua One Powerheads. Unless you can find a second hand one from broken tank its likely that any other for sale is going to be faulty.

There is a reason power heads are supposed to be submerged.

Seriously, if you have not kept the tank filled right up you will have most likely burnt something out. HFF have replacements for all the Aqua One Powerheads. Unless you can find a second hand one from broken tank its likely that any other for sale is going to be faulty.

Hi thanks its working but it wont go around unless you touch it

Obviously I burnt it out. My own fault for not keeping an eye on the water level

Do tanks loose more water in winter or summer????

Will get a replacement one when I can, I have a spare filter going in there at the moment

Just buy a new one most aqua one parts I have seen have been quite cheap I think I remember seeing replacement pumps on trademe, it is pretty easy to DIY any pump onto those overhead filters or a petshop can supply the right one.

Thanks buddy the filter is good for the size of the tank and i personally think its too small for a external

I am still running 3 tanks here I am thinking of getting rid of one or two

I only have guppies at the moment and one gold fish and one albino cat fish the rest went to heaven