Replacement lighting system for Blue planet old tank

Frankenfish

Hi. Can anyone recommend who in Auckland could swap out a very old and almost dead lighting system in the hood of my Blue Planet AA761 90L tank. My alternative is putting in a whole replacement unit - dymax Rex PL 2Ft -61cm or similar, but I'm on a tight budget. The tank came with 2 hoods, so one could be kept for as long as was needed. The second hood came with the Dymax, but water had caused some corrosion to wiring which was crumbling. Tank would have some plants but its mostly just to watch the fish.

Another option would look to be those underwater lights stick on the side of the tank . I have seen some for $40 or so, but are they any good, or would it just be throwing my money away

if I have done it right, here is a link to the 2 hoods , the one that is currently on the tank though you'd never know til the room is in pitch black, and the hood that was modified to receive the Dymax. The Dymax hood itself may well be OK, but the connection where the tube would plug into is stuffed. Presumably with a new connection a tube might work. (The last photo is a titchy tiny tank I found in a similar state of corrosion, though I haven't a bulb to test with. Given that I found the whole light fitting full of water I doubt I'd ever be game to test :)

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/gbalston/library/?sort=3&page=1

Yeah I'm familiar with that hood, where abouts in Auckland are you? If you go into Aquatic Plants and find a thread called AA Project you can see my modifications. I've since reverted to the original 23.5" T8 single tube however.