Moving my 800ltr Tank, How should I do this?

si_sphinx

i would defiantly use oxygen in the bags for the travel of the fish (i don't know much about the corals because i mostly deal with fresh water..but i don't think it would be a bad idea anyway) when fish travel overseas (for some reason im imagining little fish passports and another little fish asking them "reason for your visit mr clown?") they use pure oxygen in the bags to help them survive better and a stressed fish does use more oxygen basically think of it this way.. ordinary air in bag only keep in bag for 4 hours max and bigger fish (or more fish flesh with more than one fish in bag) less time in bag- with oxygen in bag up to (from memory) 30 hours in bag

some of your good fish stores (i think some anamates do it) can bag put oxygen in the bags for you for a small fee for when people are moving house or posting fish

alternatively there are those oxy shells you can buy at the pet stores cost about $2.50 a shell tho they devolve faster in salt water not sure what affect they will have on the water chemistry tho but that's what they are for anyway.

With your drip acclimation of the fish you prob wont need to worry about the bags of warm water, 1. if you warm the water back up too quickly it will shock the fish the drip acclimation of them is done for 2 very important reasons to get the chemicals correct for the fish and to get the water to the same temperature if you use the warm bags it could heat the fish too quick and shock and kill your fish

also the more water they travel with the better the water will stay warm if its possible to float them in a sealed chilly bin with warm water may be a good idea, when i moved my fish last i just had them in the chilly bins and they were happy for the 4 hours they were in there and then i drip acclimatised them directly in the chilly bin, much better than trying to deal with holes in bags from fins

i hope this helps!

I moved a 1.8 mt tank from ChCh to Blenheim, I got the fish babysat at the pet shop in ChCh, put all rock in two big barrels, with half of the water, loaded the tank and cabinet onto trailor....then drove to Blenheim, set it up with fresh sea water had it running for a week then drove back to pick up fishies....just in buckets, they survived! Was a mission though....good luck!! I have a big sump here if you want to store anything.