South American reeds

DennisP

I'm after something to copy the look of the dead stalks in this video:

I'm happy to try anything that would suit. It doesn't have to thrive, or even survive, as I kind of like the dead look. :o

I don't have a clue where to start looking, or if there is anything to avoid so maybe if someone has some pond experience you could help me out.

Tank is about 60l, so quite small.

What about very thin willow branches stripped of their leaves. They will start to grow but you can probably strip them or replace the branch. I read somewhere that they are really good at removing algae??. btw, you can have all the algae you want from my tank :-)

go get some Banded rush from your local pond plant shop (or wild, just dont be to greedy or destructive), cut it back and plant it. it is slow growing so you'l get about 3-5 months of it looking good before you need to cut it back. was thinking you could get your hair algae growing on your wood, then add a pile of dirty gravel and some flocculant which will settle all the dust down onto the algae and bind it together so it stays put on it.

Yes and yes.

Now, what is the fastest way to grow hair algae?

From what I've read and seen it would appear to be goldfish, cheap food, overfeeding, small water changes and dosing the tank with everything the LFS suggests.