Moana - My Ocean Exhibit

M@.

Went there last Saturday ... just loved the big screen ... It was a screen that was right round you and you stand in the middle it showed a school of bait fish from when the Kahawai came then the king fish , sharks , dolphins and the sea birds from the top and last the whale.

Was like being the the ocean watching ...

we went last weekend, very cool exhibit! life size model of a huge great white shark! awesome. the preserved giant crabs and deep sea fish were also cool to see. we sat on bean bags watching that underwater screen for ages!

i'm also gonna mention, in the museum itself there is also a large area dedicated to fish and the ocean, and a few fish tanks set up throughout. morays, marine, nz marine, nz native, crayfish etc etc

and it's free :thup:

kids didn't seem as intent on sitting and staring at fish in jars as i was... they flutter off to the next exhibit like bees on flowers with no nectar. i wouldn't mind being able to go sit and stare at stuff, and absorb all the information presented without being dragged around by my own fry.