Cormocephalus rubriceps

Nymox

My new friend, I have always been interested in centipedes, and have wanted something from the scolopendra family for a very long time. Well I got lucky when out hunting for reptile food, I found this wee chappy under a rotting log. He's already eaten a mealworm, so seems happy enough. Sorry for the picture quality, using a cell phone camera.

WP_000480-1.jpg

WP_000483.jpg

I tried to put a pen next to it so the size was comparable, but it got very aggressive towards the pen and I didn't want to stress it out. He's about half his adult (8cm) size maybe a lil more. My best guess is male, as his is terminal legs are long and slender, as is his body but I want to capture another few to get a real understanding of the difference.

Maybe Ill post a care sheet as I learn more 8) I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I do, although I think its a taste that is acquired.

I've turned over rocks and logs for the best part of 30 years now, I have only ever seen them 3 times including this one. I really want a vinegaroon, but am not prepared to live in America for just one crittter, so next on the list is a peripartus! Although that would only be observation, I wouldn't want to remove one from its habitat.

I've turned over rocks and logs for the best part of 30 years now, I have only ever seen them 3 times including this one. I really want a vinegaroon, but am not prepared to live in America for just one crittter, so next on the list is a peripartus! Although that would only be observation, I wouldn't want to remove one from its habitat.

Peripatus? Like these guys?

velvetworm3.JPG

I've found a pretty good number of them around here moving around bricks and branches and things. Wouldn't think they're particularly rare.

Oh geez Ira, I should have thought they would end up being in someones back yard! I think I should get ya some dosh to catch me a couple and send em to me ;)

Standard contractor rates. $50/hour, 3 hour minimum... :slfg: