Auckland needs more marine shops

perky

Hi all,

don't you all agree that auckland needs more marine shops (in the city centre). Christchurch has about 4 and auckland has 2 or 3. If the wholesalers sold to the public we could have more fish. Another jansens or another hollywoods would be great. Even if someone started there own marine shop i'd still be happy. If petplanet has marines, they should also set up a shop in akl.

Feedback about this topic is welcomed.

perky

I need to drive about an hour to get to my nearest one.

Awww, an hour, that's so sad...The nearest here which only has a few bits of livestock is about 45 minutes. To get to somewhere with any real marines is about...What? 8 hour drive?

Hmm, nice idea. Couple of problems. Pet market is pretty competitive (regardless of what some people say) and I would have to be making a whole lot of money out of this store before I dreamt of opening another. Auckland already has 4 (two Hollywoods, 1 Big J and Massey Pets). I will make 5 and Goldfish Pagoda will make 6 if he puts in tanks.

what??? you could possibly make $50 a week on marines. not enough income to keep the shop going. btw, last time he had a tropical tank he smashed it. Went into an angry rage, picked up a chair and smashed it. killed a $200 arowana, several discuss etc. :lol:

Dogmatix really? Because its still OK to bring fish up in a net and let them suffocate on the deck of a boat by the million. OR to catch them with a hook and let them die by drying out in a bucket.

Smashing tanks full of live animals in fits of rage is lame. I give that kind of behavior 1/10.

Pies

You give it 1. I would rate that as -100. You not do things like that. If you take on the task of keeping any animal, you are supposed to look after them. Not have a rage fit and cause them to suffer just because you can. Shame on people that do that. :evil: