Blue eyed gba's??

James125

I had two Blue eyed gba's ordered from a fish supplier. I got a large male and female and they have since paired up and bred in the 3 weeks i have had them. I now have babies that are a few days old and about 60 odd of them. I had never heard of the blue eyed ones before, only the black. They were ordered as the blue eyes and both have a faint tinge of blue.

Has anyone else heard of these/ got any of these themselves???

I have seen pictures from the states of the blue eyed ones.

Well to be more correct I have seen fish that were labelled and sold as blue eyed.

If you want my opinion they look just like what we call GBA, which by the way seems to be a NZ possibly AUS common name.

I think that some slick marketing person took the "B" from GBA, and said well that really dark, black like colour, which I am going to call really really really dark blue (so dark in fact that 99.99999999% of the population will call it black), but I'll call it blue, and hey presto a new variety of fish.

This fish, in the URL below, has blue eyes (you need to copy the bits between the URL tags as the quotes in the address are mucking up the linking feature)

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/ima ... ge_id=8264

Just my opinion, but if I was being sold a fish that was being marketed as having blue eyes, then I would want it to have BLUE eyes

Cheers

I have seen blue eyed bn in the past but not in the country within at least the last couple of years. They were blue eyed like the eye of the plec that Geoff posted. The ones around now for sale do not look like this at all.