bubble wall problem

Jammos

I have purchased lately two bubble walls and once both are put in the water they vibrate so much that there is a humming noise the whole time.

Just to prove it is these i took them out, changed air pumps and yep it was them. but evenwith a small air pump it is still unbearable!

Please help on a fix as these tanks are in the lounge and they are REALLY ANNOYING ME

What sort are they, ialways found that the flexible hose type were bad for that and so moved to the long, oblong shaped ones with the plastic bottom opn them, I then submerged these under the gravel. This caused the bubbles to sit in pockets in the gravel untill they were too big to held.

I guessing it eliminated the humming and vibrations due to the unstable release pattern of the bubbles. I think with the airwalls they release the bubbles at a predetermined size and they cause the vibration much in the same way that a constant airflow can cause vibrations in a window.

B

Jammos i was gonna suggest burying them as ballistic said, it does shut them up, but you dont get the fine bubbles like you do when they arent buried. Personaly i think it looks better whith them under the gravel but its up to the individual :D

• 2 weeks later...