Severum tankmates and tank size

Myah

Hi all, I have 4 clown loach, several electric yellow young, 2 longfinned golden bristlenose catfish and 2 angelfish in a 2mtr x 600 x 600 tank. The tank has plenty of rocks and hiding places and some twisted val in it. I was wondering if a couple of Severum would live with peacefully with the other fish and if this size tank would be suitable. Because all the other fish are yellow or orange and black, I was wanting to get something of a different colour ie: green, dark red or dark blue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply disgustipated, would you be able to suggest any other type of fish that may be suitable in the green, dark red or dark blue colour range?

the green texas cichlid would be suitable, google "Herichthys carpintis"

electric blue jack dempseys would add some nice blue to your tank.

also, green terrors, or blue acara.

for reds you could look into blood parrots, but they are ugly!

as you can tell i am a cichlid fan!

you could also look at different types of geophagus, very colourful and peaceful fish.

all of the above are widely available in nz.

Severums are pretty hardy, FAR more than the clown loaches, if they're surviving the severums will be fine.

+1, and same goes for the yellows too. I think you'll have better success keeping the yellows in softer warmer water than you will keeping the clowns in cooler water.