Bubble in eye

NoFishing

Hi All, my Dwarf Gourami had what appeared to be a tiny bubble in one of his eyes. It started a couple of weeks ago and has since got worse. I am wondering if there is anything as all that can be done about it? When it started his eye was still clear, but now it's turned opaque.

Here is a pic of both his eyes, so you can see the difference

Good eye

goodeyeq.jpg

Bad eye

badeye.jpg

Cheers

Could be pop eye in a smaller version, could be caused by an injury or the fish may have gone blind in that eye. Generally if its pop eye or caused by a not too major injury it will resolve itself with clean water. If bacterial it may spread to the other eye.

Melafix does sometimes work on it and it is worth giving it a try. If its bacterial then generally it is both eyes affected and thats when you need something stronger. I wouldn't mess around with a carcinogen like furan until I had tried alternative methods.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after almost 2 weeks now, 1 week with Melafix, followed up with the recommended 4 days of Furan 2, I can now report back that his eye is no better. :dunno: He is now back in the main tank and life goes on for him I guess. Except it took him a good couple of hours to assert his dominance once more after my little sunset gourami decided he was in charge for the past 2 weeks. :o

I figure it can't be bacterial now since neither of the two medications had any effect so hopefully it will not spread to the other eye.