Anyone driving chch - dunedin next week?

DennisP

I'm looking to bring down some apistogramma from redwood aquatics but she isn't too keen on shipping at this time of year.

Would anyone be available to bring them down for me?

Otherwise, would it be safe weather wise to courier them down?

I couriered a $200 jardini arowana down from north island on monday, wouldnt have a problem sending to dunners, packaged correctly it could probably sit in the snow for a few hours safely as long as the heat pack is doing its job :)

Why not just ship them? Post haste will cost around $15 for overnight, they might even pickup for a little extra and I am sure they will be fine as long as they use a heatpad, I have had fish sent to me when it's been colder than it is now with no losses.

Redwood isn't too keen on shipping fish at this time of year.

Which I can understand.

Its no hurry, I can bring them down myself in a month, but if anyone is coming down and knows how to look after them for the trip I would be happy for someone to bring them down.

I was going to get them sent down, but then it snowed on the day I was going to get them sent so I guess I dodged a bullet there.

I know that theoretically it shouldn't be a problem, but I'd rather not risk it.