Bristlenose

blueether

Last week I called into the LFS and managed to walk out with what were meant to be 2 small gold BNs, that ended up being a adult female albino (pink/red eye) and a just maturing male gold BN (black eye) and both for the price of the small BNs :happy1:

Just had a quick look on planetcatfish and and it lists them as Ancistrus sp. (4) and Ancistrus cf. cirrhosus, but does say of A. sp (4) "This fish appears to be a form of Ancistrus cf. cirrhosus."

My questions are, do you think that they are the same species? will they breed (and produce viable offspring)? and if they do breed will the offspring be all blackeyed and the next cross be a mix of both (double recessive albino gene (or is it more complex than that?))?

I would expect that all offspring would be black eyed and split to albino. If you breed offspring to each other you will not be able to tell the black eyed splits from the straight black eyed so best to breed back to albino and then you know all the black eyed offspring are split to albino.