cf1200 flaws? need help deciding on new filters

superico

Hi all,

I am going to upgrade my filter because my current one is just not filtering out the little things floating around in the tank.

there are 3 filters available to me at this stage. the eheim 2075, the eheim 2080 or the aquaone cf1200.

the eheims are obviously more expensive but higher quality. the only thing about them is that there are many storys about them saying that they leak at the powercord after a while!!!

are there any flaws with the cf1200? are they as quiet as eheim?

any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated.

cheers

superico

I agree the CF1200 is good value for the price (I have 4) but 1 flaw is that they tend to draw air into the system via the shut off valves.

I haven't found that to be the case with any of mine. So far my CF1200s are far better than any of the fluvals or eheims I've tried.

They're probably not OMG BEST FILTER EVER bragworthy like say a $900 Eheim, but mine were all about $120 and over 3 for the last 6 years I've replaced one impeller.

And it turned out it didn't really need it replaced anyway.

ok awesome. :happy1: :happy2:

thanks for all the input. :thup:

that settles it. instead of waiting ages to get an eheim shipped from germany by my grandparents, i'll go to redwood aquatics and get one soon. or is there a better place to get one from in chch? its currently priced at $159.00