Laetacara curviceps - Dwarf Flag Cichlid

Lucid

Just had a look in the community tank and two of these have paired off and are protecting eggs.

they are a wicked dark brown, almost black colour and are staunchly protecting there eggs to the point that all the pother fish are crammed in the other end.

no pics yet, but will try and get some tonite. this is a first for me on these guys, but it all seems to be happening at once.

I currently have a few age groups of guppies, and angles and kribs both being cared for by the parents

B

Well out of 5 Fish I seem to have 2 pairs and the first to spawn are on thier second spawn and have got wrigglers in the main community tank. I don't think many, if any will survive and I am in the process of setting up a breeding tank. The new tank will be the same tank as the angels were in, and have moved them to a smaller tank now they know what they are doing.

Hopefully i will have some fry from these guys in the very near future.

B

Well, the babies disappeared andi have moved the parents, I moved all six fish, i think I said I only had 5 but actually have 6. Anyway, they are all in thier own 3 foot tank now, complete with rock stacks and plumbing T sections, so there are plenty of little hidey holes for them, but I have also ensured there are planty of flat surfaces for them to lay the eggs on.

So hopefully before long i will have another batch, in the new tank and with less fish, there is a better chance of them surviving longer.

B

• 5 months later...