Aqua one 150 watt heater

aaron11

Hi guys being on a budget i got this heater a while ago

When I had it on 26, the tank was notically cold, i only noticed as my plants looked a bit sick

I put my themo in too check the temp, it was only 22, now ive put it on 28 when the red part is in in the 28 does that mean it will be 28???? or 30??

The other 2 I have i just have them around 26 and they are ok

Are these heaters crap???

I think i registered it on line, but cant remember, any ideas

whats a better brand that dont cost the earth does anyone have a spare I could have?? ta

22 is fine for most plants and many fish. Many heaters don't heat to the temperature you set it to so I just adjust it according to what temperature the water actually is. I have tried Eheim, Aqua One and Jebo, they all seem pretty much the same. The only one that burnt out was the Eheim/Jager which is supposed to be best one.

22 is fine for most plants and many fish. Many heaters don't heat to the temperature you set it to so I just adjust it according to what temperature the water actually is. I have tried Eheim, Aqua One and Jebo, they all seem pretty much the same. The only one that burnt out was the Eheim/Jager which is supposed to be best one.

Hi thanks its about 25 , the 200 watt one I have its higher and have to set it low, I will keep an eye on it to me the tank was too cold ive put it up a lil and see when it gets colder if comes on and off its right by my bed so I should hear it hehe

I've got a burnt out Jager and 3 burnt out Juwel heaters. All >=300W.

Haven't really found any brand I'm happy with, but I mostly still run Jagers in my tanks.

I had a jager one that lasted nearly 20 years, and it was second hand when I got it that was for my turtle hehe

I had a jager one that lasted nearly 20 years, and it was second hand when I got it that was for my turtle hehe

Yeah I probably just got unlucky. I've got another 10 or so Jagers that are all fine. I have 2 aqua one heaters, both 25W ones, and only used occasionally.

Yeah I probably just got unlucky. I've got another 10 or so Jagers that are all fine. I have 2 aqua one heaters, both 25W ones, and only used occasionally.

oh ok, yes i seem to be unlucky with them too

Should i buy another one or wait until it gets cold to see if it holds a good temp in the tank i only had it for under a year, I had 2 x 50 watt ones I sold they were too small

The thermostats are often wrong. Just measure it with an in tank thermometer. You can get them pretty cheap from a pet store. Don't rely on the stick on ones.

22 sounds OK, if you went up another 2 degrees, then 24 is probably pretty ideal. As long as the heater is keeping it at the temp you want, that's all that matters. If a heater is showing signs of failure, replace it immediately.

The thermostats are often wrong.

I think it's probably more accurate to say they're almost always wrong. :) Though, some jagers you can calibrate, they've got a little stub once the the tank is at temp so you can adjust the guage on the side without changing the setting.

I use the aqua one and blue planet ones, i don't have any issues with these.

Depends on the size of the tank also, if you are testing the tempreture in a 4ft tank and have the heater at one end and you test the temp at the end the result will varry :P

I havent had any issues, i bought 35 of them for my breeding setup, had them all running for a year without one failing or any issues in the tank.

It all comes down to personal preference and a bit of luck at the end of the day though eheh