What do you feed your Guppy's?

trinox

I just threw some sheep heart into a tank for my plecs that have guppies in it. The heart was nearly gone before it hit the bottom, I have never seen guppies chase food that intensly before.

Dont know if that answers your question, but I thought it was interesting

• 4 weeks later...

What JaSa said! Breeding for colours is far more effective than trying to feed for colour - it's very limited in it's 'enhancement' abilities and imo only really effective for fish that had a crappy diet to start with (see fish that looked dull, insert fancy colour enhancing food here, miracles! But really fish just needed decent food).

Anyways, arguably you can get away with just feeding something like NLS Small Fish Formula/Optimum Flake and BBS. But, like with most things, variety is the spice of life! - NLS, JBL NovoVert/NovoBea, BBS, live or dried daphnia, mosquito larvae/pupae (which mine LOVE and go nuts over), blanched courgettes, spinach, silverbeet, cucumber etc. I also give mine blanched peas (deshelled) once a week which is especially important if they end up eating a lot of high protein/fatty foods like heart (which I don't recommend specifically feeding to guppies). For a special tasty treat (like once a month), you can give them chopped up earth worm.

Live food is important for pregnant guppies and fry will also grow faster and healthier if they have live food :)