Lowtech planted advice

James125

I have just recently purchased a new tank, its a aqua one Hr 1280 bullet tank, being approx 360l'

I am wanting advice as to what else i can do to the tank to improve what i have already done etc, dont have much experience doing planted tanks so help would be more than appreciated.

Tank at the moment:

Filteration: 2x cf1000's

Lighting: 1x 30w 6500k

2x 30w 6800k bulbs are just t8's standard light hood.

Plants in there currently are 6x amazon swords, narrow leaf fern, anubias nana, marble queen sword?, also wanting to get things like windowlov, dwarf sag, mosses etc.

Subtrate is just daltons substrate, and using JBL root fertilizer balls, what else can i do to the tank to have better plant growth etc with what i have at the moment etc. or is there anything i shouldnt be doing, this is my first tank that im trying to properly plant, so any help would be much appreciated.

Would using flourish comprehensive help?, lights are on 6 hours a day at the moment.

Swords are heavy root feeders so you will need to keep the jbl balls going as the plants grow. The rest of the plants you have should be fine however you might find the dwarf sag 'reaches' for the light. Reaches means it grows up and becomes quite straggly trying to get the light it needs. Your lights may be strong enough though.

If the plants start to get holes in the leaves then comprehensive will definitely help. Its up to you really if you want to dose it apart from that although it will add extra minerals to the water column. Just dose at the rate shown on the bottle which is done, from memory - twice weekly.

[quoteGodly3vil

You may want to look into injecting some form of co2 if your going to be adding ferts to the water column as you may start getting algae issues with the high abundance of ferts that the plants can't all use.

]