how long does dalton's aquatic mix last?

WillskE

how long does dalton's aquatic mix last before it start to lose nutrient?

also without making another post, i read on a site that says i should have atleast 10-15 times the tank volume per hour for water filtering could i just have a 700l/h with a wave maker to make up for the circulation in a 200L? I think im trying for a low tech dense planted

how long does dalton's aquatic mix last before it start to lose nutrient?

also without making another post, i read on a site that says i should have atleast 10-15 times the tank volume per hour for water filtering could i just have a 700l/h with a wave maker to make up for the circulation in a 200L? I think im trying for a low tech dense planted

A 700l/h canister filter? IMHO Provided we are talking about a freshwater tank, you will likely be fine, even without the wave maker so long as you haven't overstocked it. Especially with low tech and lots of plants. Use one level mechanical filtration, the rest bio.

What fish are you thinking of?

Aquatic mix will last a while.. not entirely sure exactly how long but I would guess a few years, the fish will provide nutrients for plants as well.

was just thinking of a shoral of harlequins with 2 SAE/Otos

and also is it probably not ideal to add a Bristlenose in there? would it munch on the plants?

I guess it depends whether he or she is hungry and likes plants. My bristlenose hasn't eaten any of mine, I have seen plenty of them in planted tanks.

Your filtration will be fine, that really isn't much fish for a tank that size with heaps of plants. I assume by shoal you mean like 15-20 harlequins max. Just go easy on the feeding and take it slow setting it up.