girlfriends 30ltr project

Wellydave

so today i helped my girl friend set up her first tank that i got off a mate who was over fish keeping :thup: shes studying to become a vet nurse this year so i thought it would be a good idea to let her get some hands on knowledge with fish (since we already have a dog a cat and my 2 tanks haha and i figure i cant get in as much trouble for spending stupid amounts of money on my hobbie if shes into it too :gigl: ) shes not shure on what fish she wants to have in it yet but ive sugested a few different fish that i think would be cool, end of the day tho its her tank and up to her what she wants to put in it. At the moment i think shes leaning towards a school of around 6 - 10 ember tetras or cherry barbs but ive been showing her a few different rasboras and barbs and now she cant decide haha also will put mabie 2 - 4 ottos in to help with the left overs and such. was going for a low maintenece and simple yet lush looking tank so will be planting it out with glosso in the next few weeks and also putting some anubas or widelov java on the wood

heres the specs

tank - 500Lx300Wx245D

filter - tankmaid 400

lighting - aquaone 18w t5 pl (planning to upgrade to something a bit more powerfull)

heater - jebo 50w

substrait - seachem flourite black sand

hard scape - bog wood and rocks found localy

plants - at the moment just christmass moss

c02 - paintball cylinder (alot like a sodastream set up) nano glass diffuser, glass bubble counter and non return valve still need a regulator but will probably get the one from fish street

thats about it for now but will keep it updated so heres some pics

IMG_1595_zps243e7117.jpg

IMG_1596_zps61aa712c.jpg

IMG_1597_zpsb5a81895.jpg

IMG_1598_zpsc1223835.jpg

IMG_1599_zps0b45f630.jpg

glass is a bit dirty and tank still a bit murky from the substrait (silly me rushing things and not cleaning the substrait first haha)

sounds good - the lighting you have is way more than you will need at that depth! :D

yeah i thought so haha but need the light for another tank we are setting up for her sisters bday

and yeah forgot about that haha might have to get a bristlenose as well then once it gets to big it can go in my tank haha

most probably is but ive got it lying around was going to use it on another set up but thats been converted to nano marine so might as well put it to use and its also going to be dosed with the same ferts i use in my big tank so co2s not going to hurt

suprisingly its not that bad the big tank isnt to loud and small tank is silent.

can you guys give me some suggestions on some little fish that would be good in this tank im looking on the net at the moment with my girl friend but any suggestions would be cool!

wow nice looking tanks. yes i've got some celestials, definitely recommend them, a school of them and otos would look awesome

oh awsome you wouldnt happen to have any for sale would you?

There is no way I could fall asleep seeing those two amazing tanks !drool:

and thanks dude but its quite easy you just have to wait for the timers to switch off haha

oh awsome you wouldnt happen to have any for sale would you?

and thanks dude but its quite easy you just have to wait for the timers to switch off haha

lol @ bout the timers. gotta make sure they don't go on too early at the weekends ;) i am trying to breed some at the moment actually, but i know some are/were around for sale in auck shops so should be down there too? i'll still be a few months off