Curing rock in the ocean

wasp

:D - yes

just a small ammount to test.......

but also done a much larger ammount in a 240l rubbish bin.....

as i change lots of NSW through main tank, i think the at home route is easier....

mind you, i dived the rock in from my boat, walking it into rockpools by barrow prob easier.....

I posted about this a while back.My mate did put to big sacks of rock out behind some island about 3 months ago.It is suspended under the surface of the ocean about 5 meters some how.They checked to see if still there last month.(it is).He is going to get it soon so it should be well cured.I will let you know the out come soon as i see it.

I made some rock using cement and cured them in the ocean for my Native marine tank. For memory I cured the cement in fresh water for about 5 week (I read doing it is salt water straight away makes them weaker) then I left them in the ocean in 15 meters for about 3 months. I left them on the edge of the reef so they were on the sand but right next to the rocks. I was only planning on leaving them for about a month but it took me a long time to get a tank to put them in.

The rocks had a good covering of red algae (which I think is a type of coralline algae) and the amount of random life that showed up in the tank was amazing. Unfortunately I had heat problems and then had to move house so currently they are sitting in big buckets waiting for me to set up the tank again, with a chillier.

Cheers,

Diver.