Wounded frontosa

camtang

I just noticed I have a beatn down front, I will get it in to a hospital tank once I ask this question. Do I need to add anything to the water or let it recover by it self?

It has an obvious bite mark around its head and eye region, other than that no external injuries. Its currently breathing heavily around the bottom of the tank, but it hasnt thrown out the kick stand yet so is still fine to hold it self up.

Its looking worse than I had origanialy thought. Eyes look slightly sunken in, missing a few scales and more than one bite mark on it. Its in by it self now so time will tell.

I removed the last of the yellows from the tank the other day so I suspect its some sort of reestablishment of the tank hieracy, when I put it back in I will remove everything, change the lay out and have my fingers crossed.

Other than a little bit of chasing/fin niping this is the first real damage I have seen in the Frontosa colony