Dwarf Cichlids

Krisy

Hi, I have just started keeping Cichlids. I currently have a pair if Kribensis. I am wanting to get more Dwarf Cichlids. Does anyone no types that cannot live together?? Any ideas on how to build a happy place for them to live. I no i need lots of holes and caves for them to hide in. Are river rocks ok to use??? Any suggestions will be great help thanks.

sorry for the slow reply.

there are heaps of types of dwarfs around, Kribs are a bit more aggressive than most dwarfs especially during spawning, bit if you ensure lots of hidey holes and taller plants/ornaments to break up line of sight you might be able to get away with it. I would avoid Blue Rams with Kribs as they are a bit delicate, but Bolivian butterfly rams, Keyhole Ciclids and some apisto's would be a good choice.

how big is your tank??? (a full description of your system will help us to advise you on your best options.)

also river rocs are ok as long as they are clean, and also avoid any that seem porous.

In my experience I would never keep apistos with kribs, the body shape of both fish is too much alike which causes aggression problems even in a tank with lots of territories, also cribs can easily get to twice the size of any apisto. I would go with either keyholes or firemouths maybe even some dwarf flags.