Sterbais breeding (will they ever stop)???

James125

I have a group of sterbais (16 i think), they recently Bred about 2 and a half weeks ago, i took the eggs and put them in a 12 litre tank with heater and air stone, just to see if i could get any babies, which i did i got about 80 babies lost a few in the first couple of days, and i now have about 40 all growing and eating really well have grown alot in the last week. Since there first time breeding they have bred about 4 times in last couple of weeks, and are breeding again as i type this.

What im wondering is will they stop breeding?, as it seems a different female is laying every couple of days, they are in with 5 discus and they are eating the eggs, if i leave them in the tank, i hate to see them eating all the eggs. Will they stop soon enough?

Cheers for that, i already have a few put on hold for livebearer breeder, and also a couple of petshops up here are wanting to buy them regualy from me, how many are you wanting?, may need too buy another tank in the next couple of days then :happy2: , Dont think that will go down too well with mum haha :-?

Cheers :D , thats what im doing at the moment, would it work if i seen the pair which was laying then transfer just the pair into another tank with plants etc, and let them do there business then transfer back to there original tank?

Yep that would work, especially if that other tank is a tad bit colder... I find that there are usually at least two males chasing a female when she is laying eggs.