New Seahorse tank

91 ZERO

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nice :) That cage is a good idea. I used mesh around the outflow nozzle to limit the high speed water coming out of that and it worked a treat, don't know why I didn't think of it for the wave maker to for a protection for them.

Yeah he was a happy camper, was very sociable and would wrap his tail around your finger and would chase the magnet cleaner around.

• 2 months later...

Well should really post in members tank forum as no longer a seahorse tank (well down the track anyway once its settled a bit more).

Photo not the best as taken with cell phone and needs a bit of a clean, but this is how it looks. Getting there.

Numerous corals in there, all thriving. Got a fair bit of coralline algae growing around now too.

1 x Banded Shrimp (awesome!)

1 x Bangai Cardinal

1 x Jewelled Rockskipper

1 x Fire Goby

2 x Blue yellow tailed damsels

1 x blue starfish

Got all the levels pretty steady, everything seems to be growing and healthy so must be doing something right ha.

Kh - 9.5

Phos - .16

Nit - 1.0

Ca - 410

Mg - 1300

Temp - 24

Salinity - 1.025

I do a 60L water change once a week, got it down to around 20min now. Clean the glass, skimmer, and sump at each change too. Funnily enough I find it quite relaxing and look forward to it :roll:

tank_zpscfc60443.jpg