"General" malaise treatment

Sophia

I'm wondering if there is something I can get to give my CPDs a health boost. Over the last few months enough have died so that now it looks like I have much less fish. There are still 8 but I think I had about 14 when the tank first got going & I'd had some fry. It seems like one at a time they will waste and then disappear or I'll find a floater. Is this the sort of thing that happens as little fish get older?

A large amount of the CPDs are around the same age and are all related to each other. All water parameters are normal, they have a balanced diet, and they are all otherwise normal and relaxed with no signs of sickness.

Usually I put these things down to age or mystery ailments and say goodbye to the fish, but maybe there is something I should do?

imo put the remaining fish in a bare bottom tank with a 4x dose of wundertonic and water change daily ( and top up tonic)

do this for 2 weeks and then put them in a brand sparkling new tank. anything that come through after that is called age.

(btw some fish do not like this level of treatment but you get the idea)

imo put the remaining fish in a bare bottom tank with a 4x dose of wundertonic and water change daily ( and top up tonic)

do this for 2 weeks and then put them in a brand sparkling new tank. anything that come through after that is called age.

(btw some fish do not like this level of treatment but you get the idea)

well that just isn't possible, your advice is mostly impractical in my situation.

what I can do is up the water changes in their existing tank and give some wundertonic, realising that the bug is in the tank forever until I take it down and bleach it, which isn't likely anytime soon because it's a beautiful and established tank. In reality probably all my fish will have been exposed to it because I don't have seperate tools for each tank. They probably carry all sorts of bugs and diseases that are waiting for an opportunity like every other animal.

Do that and you will cure any disease and end up with a sterile corpse. That would be four times the normal dose of four different chemicals. Cheaper to add a litre of formaldehyde or bleach.

not had one fish die from this treatment, however the tanks dn't seem to like it and end up being a pretty blue colour

thyen again, would'nt want any more than that as its hard to see the fish with a 4x dose.... and acriflavine has a reputation to causing sterility in fish