Parrot Fish wasting away

js

Hi there, wondering if anyone can help me with my beautiful parrot fish who is wasting away. He was a beautiful big fish, but is now just a skeleton. He is still swimming around like normal and seems to be eating when I feed them. A couple of months ago I lost a clown loach with the same thing.

Have just done a water test and ammonia and nitrites are all okay, but my nitrate is right at the end of the card (not sure if the colour is either 80 or 160 - but either way it's not good). Have been having major problems with Black Brush Algae. Gave the tank a really good clean out last Sunday with a 40% water change. Have bought some Flourish Excel to try dosing my tank, but in the mean time how can I fatten up my parrot?

Thanks for your replies. I brought some Avitrol Plus on Sunday and dosed my tank at 1.5 drops per litre (decided on this from searching the net - so hope to goodness it is right). No changes noted in the tank. At lunch time today we did notice a tiny little white worm wriggling around in the tank, so not sure if it came out of a fish or not, but it looked alive rather than dead.

We have done a big gravel vac and 40 to 50% water change at tea time. Now since refilling the tank, and turning filter back on, the tank is really murky and it looks like smoke moving around in it. (best way to describe it). This has never happened after a water change before. Is this the avitrol pumping out of the filter? How come the water remained crystal clear when we dosed it yesterday and right up until the water change tonight? Just need confirmation that this is normal. Also, if the fish does have worms, should we see them floating to the bottom of the tank dead?