co2 diffusion methods

Godly3vil

Hey guys I am in the process of setting up a pressurized co2 system for my 450ltr tank and was wondering what the best way of diffusing it will be? I have a few different glass diffusers but from what I understand they're not really designed for a larger tank. I have looked into making a inline reactor but not sure what parts I need and where to get them from locally.

Any advice will be appreciated.

You could buy an inline diffuser, I've heard they smash the bubbles into a mist but I'm yet to try one myself. The main issue with CO2 diffusion in larger tanks is getting good coverage, you need to spread the CO2 into every part of the tank so no plants miss out. Good diffusion will help with this but good current is better. I would try and find a way to split the CO2 between two or more diffusers as they won't cope well pumping out all the CO2 required for a large tank on their own.

The inline ones you find on trademe are the same as these: http://dx.com/s/co2

Dont know if they are anygood, but i would be willing to try them out. FYI: DX stuff takes about 2weeks before it arrives if you are going that avenue.

This evening I setup a diy co2 for a 25L tank, and rangi'd up a reactor with a concoction of filter parts.

P1120853.jpg

Its not pretty, but it should do the same thing.

With my tank I used those diffusers and they worked fine. But then plumbed the Co2 line into my return pump and I get much better results. I think with bigger tanks the more you can mix it into the water the more efficient it is.

Are you talking about the diffuser I got from you?