Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

pH swings

Featured Replies

Every book I read has a different idea about whether CO2 should be left going day and night or only during the day. (I am solaniodless) Reason for: being that one reduces the swings in pH as the formation of carbonic acid drops off (During the night) From some of my studies of water quality at canterbury university I've seen that these pH swings occur in the environment and aquatic life has adapted to survive this. What should I do?

Hi Peet,

I can't tell you what you should do but I'll tell you what I do with a 250L setup.

Keep kH (bicarbonate) at or above 4 (a teaspoon of bakingsoda at every water change will do it (in Upper Hutt anyway)

I bubble CO2 at a rate of about 15bubbles/minute in a reaonably planted tank, not to lush at the moment (maintenance problem and old lights)

Anyway, my opinion, don't worry too much about pH swings and stabilise it a little with a mild buffer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.