ICH, Clown Loach

Dana

It's been suggested that I apply a light treatment for preventative measures to my 6 clown loach who have been in the tank for just over a week.

They appear to be fine, with one little guy being a bit pale, but still very active and eating. I do know that they are very susceptible to white spot however.

Thoughts?

And should it occur, would ghost cats, dwarf gourami and a bristle nose be impacted by the 30 degree heat treatment method? I've researched this and the answers are many and contradict each other.

Part doses of any medication isn't advisable any time unless you're trying to increase the diseases resistance to it. Well oxygenated water of at least 28c should be all the preventative measures healthy clowns should need against white spot. Quarantining new arrivals is highly advisable too.

I have recently added fish to my tank from a tank that exploded. I was also told to watch the clown loaches for white spot, since stress can trigger it.

Temp sits at 27ºC. No white spot, no meds.

Thanks. I posted due to reluctance of introducing chemicals not required.
:thup: Good work. Many people think meds work as a vaccine, but they don't.