Planted tanks and pleco

markbravo

im planning to upgrade my 130 liter tank to a 165 or 215 liter one... its planted... i want a pleco in it, but im afraid it will ravage thru my plants mostly java ferns and java moss attached to driftwood.. would it really do what im afraid it will do? would it eat it or anything? or theres a pleco i can get who wouldnt do such? i prefer a pleco that wouldnt grow to a big size.. i like small ones.. any suggestions?

im planning to upgrade my 130 liter tank to a 165 or 215 liter one... its planted... i want a pleco in it, but im afraid it will ravage thru my plants mostly java ferns and java moss attached to driftwood.. would it really do what im afraid it will do? would it eat it or anything? or theres a pleco i can get who wouldnt do such? i prefer a pleco that wouldnt grow to a big size.. i like small ones.. any suggestions?

Bristlenose would be the standard suggestion, though they're an ancistrus not a pleco.

Common plecs, redspots, goldspots etc are too big for that small tank. For the most part they don't eat plants either, but will quite happily swim through and uproot them.

Bristlenose would be the standard suggestion, though they're an ancistrus not a pleco.

Common plecs, redspots, goldspots etc are too big for that small tank. For the most part they don't eat plants either, but will quite happily swim through and uproot them.

so bristlenose wouldnt uproot my plants of destroy them in any way? ^_^