Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where to get Calcium

Featured Replies

I have just run out of my CaCO3 that I've had for years. I am pretty sure when I got it last time it was plaster of paris, but I went to Bunnings on the weekend and the bags they had there were Calcium sulphate (thyo.. something or other). Is this the right stuff.... where to do others buy their calcium??

Plaster of paris is calcium sulphate. That is usually the recommended calcium source to boost GH for aquatic plants.

Bunnings is fine, or a hydroponics place.

  • Author

Hi Jen, thanks for that, I've done a bit more research it Tom Barrs website confirms that COSO4 is the cheapest and most easily available form of calcium and it appears that it dissolved much more easily than CaCO2... I think the plaster of paris is 2CaSO4.H2O. Great, Bunnings stop on the way to work tomorrow.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.