Axolotls

Hi it's been a while lol I just got a couple of axolotls this weekend (yes they are in separate tanks). I got one of them from Bullswool Farm Park in Paeroa... we drove all the way there just so I could get a white one LOL Crazy I know.... anyway, it's white with brown mottling on it's head and back that looks like it has cinnamon sprinkled on it. We named it Diego. The other one I got from a friend that has had it for 5-6 years. It's a golden one. It's name is Bubbles lol I just noticed this morning after feeding it, that it is missing some toes. It also has what looks like white fungus on it's tail. And it has had a red growth on it's head for a long time. Now it's getting one on the other side. She informed me when we picked it up yesterday. Can anyone shed some light on these issues for me? Oh it also has a little thing off the end of it's tail, not sure if it's it's tail and it's been bent somehow or if it's a growth. It just looks like part of it's tail. ???

Diego is fantastic. Nothing wrong whatsoever and he/she is very active compared with Bubbles.

It also has what looks like white fungus on it's tail. And it has had a red growth on it's head for a long time. Now it's getting one on the other side.

hi, could you try to make a picture and post it ? do you have fish together with the axos in the tank ? 'the' salt therapy is probably something you should consider http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-beginner-newt-salamander-axolotl-help-topics/f48-axolotls-ambystoma-mexicanum/f58-sick-axolotl/72698-salt-bath-picture-tutorial.html