Fish swimming on a angle :/

leetric0

Hi there. I have noticed that one of my 2 dwarf gouramis has started swimming on a angle and sometimes completely vertical. I have just moved twice in the past 2 or 3 months and have also noticed that there black stress marks havent gone away yet and now this has happened. Is there any way that i can get rid of the black markings on them and is it the stress thats causing them to swim funny?

Thanks Rico

There honey gouramis im pretty sure. There with 12 tetras, 2 angels, 1 bristlenose, 6 guppies. Feeding them flakes + frozen food and blanched veges every now and again.

take a sample into your LFS, most do free water testing. atm i'd say most likely cause is a cycling issue caused by the moving
i didnt know they did water testing :sml2: Ill do it next time i have a chance :)

Just thinking here...

When I moved my WCMM tank from below window height to eye level the minnows all either swam near vertical with heads down or near horizontal, aligning their back to the new position of the sun that was now lighting the front of the tank

Annoyingly my lfs closes at 5:30 and i finish work at 5 so i still havent had a chance to go get my water tested. They seem to be getting better and ive just been doing small water changes everyday. But i have also notice that the angelfish are getting a little feisty since they are trying to breed now so that could of been adding to the stress.

:thup:

Go W/C's, go!

yea, angels can be little pains when it gets to "that time" of the season... just make sure that you have plenty of plants and hiding spaces, anything that will partially block "line of sight" will help ease aggression.

Which is why I have a man-cave, same concept works with SWMBO :rotf: