tips on collecting seawater

chimera

The cabling was cut at around 16m from the pump and the inline switch inserted. This will allow the pump to be turned on an off without having to go inside the car. The other end of the cabling was connected to the cigarette lighter plug. This will allow the pump to be operated from the car.
I

Be carefull guys and girls the DC ampage is quite high on these pumps, I suggest jumper leads direct to battery not the cig lighter connection point. other wise a sound article.

Be carefull guys and girls the DC ampage is quite high on these pumps, I suggest jumper leads direct to battery not the cig lighter connection point. other wise a sound article.

I agree, you could end up with some hot wires, and a melted socket if you're not careful.

Layton

the guy who owns the Mana Chandlery used to manage wetpets and he is into his fish in a big way, he could probably advise you on what is best, another thing about bilge pumps is that you need to watch they dont overload the wiring, they are a common cause of boat fires.