Length of Koura. How?

Mikey

As the title suggests I am trying to work out the actual length of my Koura...

How do you measure them? There is so many spiky bits it is hard to know... my assumption is measuring them from the fork of the tail (which is folded over most of the time) to the tip of their head? That would make my big guy almost 8 or 9 cms... depending on tail fold.

Or do you only measure up to their eyes or something random like that?

Cheers.

You measure the carapace, which is the head/thorax section.

This pdf has a diagram of the bit that you measure on the third page (though it looks more like a shrimp or something, but it gives the right idea).

What are you up to? Tracking the growth between moults?

You measure the carapace, which is the head/thorax section.

This pdf has a diagram of the bit that you measure on the third page (though it looks more like a shrimp or something, but it gives the right idea).

What are you up to? Tracking the growth between moults?

Awesome. Thanks for that Stella.

So my cray is no where near 8cms when looking at how you measure them in that diagram... I'd better get my ruler out and measure them both up again.

In answer to your question Stella, I thought I might start to track frequency of moults, and amount of growth between each moult... I've also got the two crays in seperate tanks at the moment, smaller one is regrowing a Chelae (there is a little nub showing now) and I was interested to see how that impacts on moults and growth as well.

Cheers.