Is this really Rotala occultiflora?

Joe

Some guy is selling this on TradeMe;

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/f ... 921548.htm

I was considering buying it because R. occultiflora looks awesome, but then thought that me may have mislabled it (another one of his auctions is "Rotala sp. Nanjenshan" which is actually R. rotundifolia) and I've never seen R. occultiflora around before which is why I think he might have mislabled it. His picture is off the net which makes it even harder to know whether it's real or not. He also states that he "collected" it so maybe it's just oxygen weed?

If it truely is R. occultiflora then I doubt it would be illegal because of course Rotala sp. is already in NZ.

What do you guys think?

It could be Rotala hippuris- Green Pine

Green Pine is Mayaca fluviatilis. Rotala hippuris looks completely different. I've seen photos of Green Pine in other people's tanks and it looks very nice and I'd like some eventually. But yeah it could be Green Pine.

The only reason I considered buying this is because I've never heard of it being in NZ before and it looks like a really cool plant and if it did turn out to be R. occultiflora then I'd be rapped! Although $15.00 is quite a bit just to take that chance. I'll have a think about it though :D

Does anyone on here know the seller and has seen his plants before?

:lol:

Nah I think I'll give it a miss this time.

Maybe if I do well at college and go to uni I could work for MAF and look at getting more plants added to the allowed list and we could get way cooler things then :thup: However I highly doubt that that'll ever happen :facepalm:

go on live a little.

buy it you might end up having a badass plant...

if not your'll have some other plant, cant be to bad i guess...

Yea but if it is Rotala occultiflora it would be deemed illegal by MAF as its not been in the country before. :facepalm: