unknown worm

Sophia

Today I caught a mysterious worm in my gold mountain minnow fry tank. It's about a centimetre and a half long, thin and white like a piece of thread and it swims in the water like a sea snake. You can only see it from above, it's either too transparent or too thin to see side on. It definitely has an end that is in the lead, as opposed to watching a bloodworm swim which is very disorganised and figure 8 like.

I have searched for it on google and can't find anything that it resembles, does anyone recognise what it might be?

A photo will be difficult. Will try tomorrow

thanks Squirt, not pin worms as they describe them in the thread as not being good swimmers. This worm was an expert.

Charles, I will do some more hunting tonight, thanks for the tip. Google was not my friend before :roey:

it closely resembles an aquatic nematode but of what kind I'm not sure. It was too long and active to be planaria.

in any case it's now gone. I had it in a small container and today it has disappeared so has either crawled away or died.