Imported Flowerhorns - Who bought some?

Duncan7

Who bought any of these colourful devils af fish? Man they are agro!

I have 3, all looking like females, hate each other!! :facepalm: Going to need to separate them soon.

Anyway i know henward has got some, he has publically shown that, i know of one other that hasnt been so revealing and such i wont mention names and they can speak up if they like :)

Dunno what to do, i kinda want a male, but pretty sure i dont want or have the room for a pair to spawn!

dunno - could be just luck, there were many, many of those probably isnt on the forum and will eventualy sell, i reckon in 1 year we will see.

but i am at a point where i have realised, i cant breed them as i dont have tanks.

shame to just keep it and not breed.... so may see if one day i end up selling the male, he is a unsuitable candidate for my tank - i dont want it to be a 'survivor' type situation:D

see how it goes.

fraser is keen on taking him and trying to breed....

dunno - could be just luck, there were many, many of those probably isnt on the forum and will eventualy sell, i reckon in 1 year we will see.

but i am at a point where i have realised, i cant breed them as i dont have tanks.

shame to just keep it and not breed.... so may see if one day i end up selling the male, he is a unsuitable candidate for my tank - i dont want it to be a 'survivor' type situation:D

see how it goes.

fraser is keen on taking him and trying to breed....

Well you could breed them :lol:

My smaller ones are colouring up, so maybe an age/size thing also, but guessing some nicer than others.

My community pretty good atm too, things have settled down for the moment. Waiting for the jags to want to breed or some others to pair up, then trouble will ensue.

Well if fraser needs a female in addition to yours henward ill probably have one or two...

Anyway i know henward has got some, he has publically shown that, i know of one other that hasnt been so revealing and such i wont mention names and they can speak up if they like :)

Well well agro fish lover.. I cant not resist myself of not having a pice of that cake.. !drool:

I did grab 3 babies..one are real small must be a female.. and the other too are growing quick with good electric blue colour..

iam near to finish setting up my new hybrid breeding room..so these flowerforn baby are going to get some good treat from me soon :happy1:

yeah pick up 6 tank from Andrew, just finished plumbing..now planning to make stower draw sump..

it going to be mean azz..

i will try to pops some pics when i figure out how to import pics from my new iphone..

yeah pick up 6 tank from Andrew, just finished plumbing..now planning to make stower draw sump..

i will try to pops some pics when i figure out how to import pics from my new iphone..

Sounds awesome, ill have to come for a look.

:smot:

If you have a Mac plug in your iPhone via USB and open up iPhoto.you can then import from there. Or you an use photobucket app on your iPhone upload and share directly from your phone :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

I have 3, all looking like females, hate each other!! :facepalm: Going to need to separate them soon.

Dunno what to do, i kinda want a male, but pretty sure i dont want or have the room for a pair to spawn!

you got 3 females. what size tank you got. it must be monster tank for 3 X flower horns.

There are two are in a 700l and one in a 350l. Im probably only going to keep one when they get bigger. They dont get on with eachother that well.

yeah, i got a very very white oscar and my female flowerhorn killed it in a matter of hours!

how are the FH duncan?

growing nicely?

yeah, i got a very very white oscar and my female flowerhorn killed it in a matter of hours!

how are the FH duncan?

growing nicely?

it must be a huge importer that can spear so many tanks to hold 1 fish in each. importing these must be such a worry for the importer if is held in mass.

the ones now the standard in asia street markets and are so perfected in asia that they are now so pure for such huge asia market to be full of identical looking fish asia wide i am now told and have seen in my country.

how are the FH duncan?

growing nicely?

Yeah doing well, few nics etc, still dont really like each other! Even the large girl got some damage on her fins, but im guessing thats because she is having a go at someone bigger!!!!

it must be a huge importer that can spear so many tanks to hold 1 fish in each. importing these must be such a worry for the importer if is held in mass.

Yeah massive import setup, I heard they have 15 acres of land and over 15,000 tanks?!

But yeah its not such a big deal holding them together when they are 2cm long.... :roll:

Yeah massive import setup, I heard they have 15 acres of land and over 15,000 tanks?!

But yeah its not such a big deal holding them together when they are 2cm long.... :roll:

15, :hail: 000 tanks. for nz market. Must export to.

They release the flower horn be for they snap into killing machine. into the market place.

15, :hail: 000 tanks. for nz market. Must export to.

They release the flower horn be for they snap into killing machine. into the market place.

Are the best still to be released ?

Is always smart person release the crud first and the best for last. ?

I have not brought mine yet. could i be in for the best new imports to be released. Do you know if their is more to be released ?.

Or the little runts that have not turned into killing machine yet ?.

we never know what is coming here lol

i suggest buy, enjoy it now, or wait forever potentially lol

buy it, and im sure it will turn ok.

if not, sell it on and try again.

these imports from same people that import other blue ones into nz.

if are then possible same contact as many years ago.

15,000 tanks thats lots of tanks for breeding flower horns in.

i waiting for the import ticket from hollywood before i buy first.

I accountant for consumer affairs. HEHEHE JUST JOKING. :sml1:

You still haven't found a mermaid yet? Might have to sell you mine when she outgrows her tank....

They're easy enough to find. They tend to squeal a lot when you capture them from the wild. Not much fun either, they just huddle up in the corner crying and begging for you to let them go.