Heater light

aaron11

Hi got a heater second hand off trademe looks new no condesation etc

How come the light wont work do they just go bung so how am I going to know if it clicks on and off

it heated my tank up to 28 in a few hours... should i leave it for a while then put my hand on it when you turn the temp and down it clicks

I dont want to fry my new fish when they come Ive asked the seller to replace it his answer was hes tested it

Would you send it back it was $15.

PS im goin to make sure when I can afford it ive got a few spares

Hi got a heater second hand off trademe looks new no condesation etc

How come the light wont work

I thought the heater I disassembled once had the element in series with the light, so if the light burned out I don't think any power would get to the element. But it was one of those funny little neonlike ones.

how am I going to know if it clicks on and off

Who cares as long as the tank temp stays stable.

it heated my tank up to 28 in a few hours... should i leave it for a while then put my hand on it when you turn the temp and down it clicks

Turn it down a little bit until it clicks off then turn it a little more. Most should have a temperature gauge on the side. Useless usually for getting an exact temp, but 2 degrees lower on the side should be close enough to 2 degrees lower water temp.

I dont want to fry my new fish when they come

Then don't dump them in the tank if the temp isn't right.

Would you send it back it was $15.

No, not for something that cheap. Not worth the trouble.

Thanks i heard it click when i turned it down ive got it on 26 see if my temp thing on side of tank goes down a bit.

BUT later i will get better quality.. just on a budget at the mo.. Done pretty well thou heater gravel and fish for 90 for 3 foot tank !!!!!

Should be fine its heating up to 26 and tank is stayin there and when it touch it, its not on all the time

must be an aquaone fault as thats the second one I have that has done that

The one in the lounge the light dont work and its got lots of condesation in it so i better replace that one soon too