Random collection of stuff from the last week or so...

blueether

a thread of Grey Mullet fry that I posted in saltwater for an ID, these guys were caught in freshwater

Paratya curvirostris (freshwater shrimp) :

Giant Kokopu eating from my hand :

Giant Kokopu while out spotlighting, this guy was big - [edit, I may have over estimated its size] about 25cm:

DSCN0107.JPG

DSCN0108.JPG

Giant bully while out spotlighting. only one I caught, man these guys are fast. Saw about 6 or 8 of them some getting close to 18cm or more

DSCN0153.JPG

DSCN0152.JPG

Thats one impressive fish :thup: How long have you had it?

The Giant kokopu?

Caught two of them from a creek early last spring thinking that they would be banded[1], one was about 85mm the bigger[2] about 95-100mm so I guess that they would have been 1 year old :dunno: . The biggest one was smaller than my largest inanga. The small one is probably over 120mm now and the bigger one must be 150mm, and fat.

[1] This creek is over 150km inland, I thought Giants were meant to be more costal

[2]When caught he had 1/2 his tail missing http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=55536

that grey mullet fry is a crazy little guy

I like the goldfish in the bullie tank :sml2:

The goldfish need to be moved outside I think...

All the grey mullet are now feeding like that, real weird to watch as they feed with supper high speed head shakes on the glass

wow, that video of the kiant gokopu eating needs the 'Jaws' theme - I love the way they flash in and out of the shadows! They have certainly grown heaps since I saw them last.

Impressed with the 30cm wild one. I have not seen ones that big in the wild yet.

(Last week we caught two 20cm koaro, will hopefully get around to downloading my photos one the weekend and do some uploading here :)

I chose to ignore that word on purpose :)

I can't talk though... I promised a log with photos of Billy T Cray regrowing his Chelae that got eaten off the other week... still haven't got round to doing it.

And blueether... I looked at your photos again on my home computer.... and the image looks like reflections, whereas my work winterm makes it look like dried water streaks on the lense.