Electric blue jack dempsey... are they fertile?

henward

how about if you cross it with a flower horn?:D FH are very robust

I have got a FH and a normal JD spawned before but have not had them turn out to fish unfortunitely.

People from other forum suggest that even when the two laid eggs but the eggs cannot be hatched successfully because the two are in different genus as JD from Nandopis and FH is from Amphilophus familiy.

IMG_0588.jpg

You may get lucky and ge tan FH that has suitable genes perhaps

fro what i gather, FH are a realy slurry of genes from different fish.

some so far apart that they cannot breed as pure specimens, but in fh form, they can...

dont know if this is true!!!

Fh seems to be surrounded by mystery

EBJD have a lethal gene when u cross EB to EB. I tried this, all the fry died after free swimming.

Best way is to cross the EBs with normal JDs and the cross them back to each other or EBJD to JD/EB. I got there and the fry do survive. I think Andrew has done it as well, he got there before me:)

By crossing to FH may not work

EBJD have a lethal gene when u cross EB to EB. I tried this, all the fry died after free swimming.

Best way is to cross the EBs with normal JDs and the cross them back to each other or EBJD to JD/EB. I got there and the fry do survive. I think Andrew has done it as well, he got there before me:)

By crossing to FH may not work

:hail: :thup: