Salad reciepies

desotojoe

After searching everywhere i could on the net and also looking in the book I have I haven't been able to find a good salad recipe for my bearded dragon. So I thought i would start a thread so people can share their recipes. I find info on bearded dragon food really confusing and quite often contradicting so knowing salads other people are using that are working would be a great help. Cheers

I grow my own dandilions, rocket, basil, oregano an mint these all go into the salad. I buy squash to go in too.

I also add grape leaves when I have some.

Sometimes have capsicum and grapes themselves.

Otherwise mesclun salad which has endive rocket dandilions etc in it can get one that has herbs too.

All available from any supermarket.

That's the main stuff off the top of my head anyway.

All the info you need is on the Beautiful Dragons reptile rescue (nutrition content) site. Makes it simple as.

Although it's a really good site it doesn't help much really just gives you an idea of what's good and what's bad, as a lot of it you can't find anywhere here normally, like cactus pads for example.

And most people have no idea what endive or escarole even is or where to get it, all they know is it's good for their dragon...

I'd love to feed my dragon cactus pads, and the one time I did find some (on trademe of all places) no one could tell me if they were the right one or not. :(

Thanks FACEAnthrax i have been using the mesclin salad from super maket but people had told me it was bad and others good so its good to get a definite answer. cheers

One thing though, is some contain leafy lettuce and spinach, just if you see those try to pick them out/don't give too much of them that's all, it's not like they're real bad or anything, just preferable not to give as they don't have much nutrition or can start to block calcium absorption if too much is consumed. The packets if you get them normally say what's in them on the back :).