Thinking about donating blood.

Squirt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing some research, and the next one in Paraparaumu is on May 9th. Because I was only defferred for one week I should be able to donate then. :thup:

It really adgitates me, when from being fine on Monday, having to sit next to some sick kid (who should've stayed at home! :an!gry ) on tuesday then having a slightly sore throat on Wednesday! :an!gry

Copper, I was told that I can only donate Plasma due to have taking Doxycyclin in the last two weeks. I would like to do a full blood donation (as it seems a waste to hiff the rest). I am prescribed these pills for the next three months, so if I do donate blood (even if I don't take the pills) I can still only do a plasma donation? Due to being prescribed them for three months?

Copper, I was told that I can only donate Plasma due to have taking Doxycyclin in the last two weeks. I would like to do a full blood donation (as it seems a waste to hiff the rest). I am prescribed these pills for the next three months, so if I do donate blood (even if I don't take the pills) I can still only do a plasma donation? Due to being prescribed them for three months?

Best off ringing the 0800 number or your local donor centre (Wellington for you?). You'll be able to get a better answer. There is more to the Blood Service then just the nurses who take off the blood :wink: . Also, nothing wrong with only donating plasma. There's plenty of people out there that need that (and the products made from it).

It really adgitates me, when from being fine on Monday, having to sit next to some sick kid (who should've stayed at home! :an!gry ) on tuesday then having a slightly sore throat on Wednesday! :an!gry

Before you blame this guy, one day for incubation to symptoms is very short .. you may have got it from someone else.

You can now try salt baths, saline humidifier, and turning up the heat in the bath. That should also treat any ich infections you picked up from the fish in your immuno-compromised state!