First Discus spawn ever woop woop!

hovmoller

Big Congrats to ya :thup:

Are they in a tank of their own or in a community set up??

You won't have much luck if their in a community setup, much better if you can have them in a tank on their own.

Had my fellas breed in my community setup, man, such hard work for them havig to be on continual lookout for predators.

Got mine to the stage of them feeding off the parents then overnight they disappeared :an!gry

They're in a SA setup with Eartheaters and cories so won't be expecting them to be very succesful.

I wasn't exactly planning Discus fry but I guess you can't fight natural instinct! :slfg:

I really only have the discus in there because my wife thinks they are pretty :nilly:

Thanks

I have no idea what their colour is called. They were pretty, so my wife wanted them :slfg: and they go well with my gentle natured Eartheaters. Yeah I'm happy too that they are happy enough to spawn. Always exciting when fish spawn :bounce:

• 2 weeks later...
color might be turq :o

Gie? Yes I think I bought these from you once! hehe..

They are very nice fish and yes maybe one day I'll give breeding them a try. For now they are just keeping my S. leucosticta company.. goes very well together.. and yes they are male and female cos I saw at least one little wriggler that had his head stuck to the pipe as they do.. very cool!

• 2 weeks later...