filter

R32GOTMLK

I have the Aqua One 2250-UVC which is very similiar to the 2700

AquaOne2250UVC.jpg

and it's OK, but the FX5 is in a class of its own. If you can get away with less filters (maybe explain what you're doing set up wise)

then I would go the FX5. With this many filters and cost outlay maybe you should look into sumps? A good sump would blow any canister out of the water.

hi the reason i ask about the aqua 2700 is that its half the price of a fx5 :-?

just recently one of my fx5s broke down and the replacement part is $400.

i know and love fx5s but the spares are pretty expensive(in this case anyway)

am looking to get canisters to run on one big tank.

cheers

How bigs this tank for 4 FX5s?

I've never had either filter (yet) but I was looking into the Nautilus 2700. An 8 vs 4 is better IMO because if one breaks down and 8 are running it's still filtering at 87.5% of the maximum filtration (8 2700s). And if one FX5 goes down its only filtering at 75% of the maximum filtration (4 FX5s). With me? I'm unsure of power consumption so that's another thing to look into. Also because 8 2700s are more likely turning over more water per hour you get more gas exchange ect. But which one is more reliable? Also where will they sit? Can you fit 8 under the tank? Because most likely you will be able to fit 4 FX5s.

Ultimately it's your decision, but those are some thing for you to ponder when making a decision.

I have never had any breaks in my fx5.

if you are careful, then it should be ok im sure. i have had mine running 5 years straight, and no replacement parts at all.

I would say, fx5 is completely a different class, they are designed, built to have bigger capacity than aqua ones.

I would vote fluval! all the way home baby!

:happy1: