Shrimp only nano?

Morcs

Whatever size that lets you get away with stable water parameters really, including temperature. I don't think there's any set rule, people just have there preferences when it comes to minimum size. But yeah, whatever you can get stable params with bro.

fire shrimp dont move around as much as cleaners, so it doesn't have to be that big

so what are we talking here, 5g, 10g?

10gal is reasonable size, could have a fire goby or a clown in there too.

5g on the other hand i could probably manage quite well without live rock, just a small hang on filter with purigen, a small powerhead, and water changes.

What size nano could i get away with for a singular cleaner or fire shrimp?

FOWLR.

Otherwise will consider a 10G with 2 clowns and a shrimp.

Been a while since done marine...

Are you going to have any corals or just the shrimp?

Aquanet put out a desk top nano

skimz iBOX Nano Tank IB8 is small enough to fit almost everywhere including your desk at work.

Skimz iBOX Nano Tank has been designed to make nano reef keeping easy.

The optional protein skimmer (Included!) is able to keep the tank clean and healthy with little maintenance. The supplied skimmer does require an external air pump (seperate purchase, as it is not provided with the unit)

•Easy to set-up and maintain

•Low voltage, high intensity 21 LED light with moonlight

•Integrated filtration system

•European circulation pump

•Dimensions: W180 x D225 x H245mm ~7w x 9D x 9.5H = 3 gallons

The Skimz iBOX Nano Tank comes complete with filtration system and high intensity 21 LED light. This nano tank is small enough to fit almost everywhere including your desk at work.

Skimz iBOX Nano Tank has been designed to make nano reef keeping easy. The optional protein skimmer is able to keep the tank clean and healthy with little maintenance.

IBox-Nano_Black2_rev1.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

There are a few fluval edge set up as nano marine

Wont ever touch another edge. PITA.

Aquanet put out a desk top nano

skimz iBOX Nano Tank IB8 is small enough to fit almost everywhere including your desk at work.

Skimz iBOX Nano Tank has been designed to make nano reef keeping easy.

The optional protein skimmer (Included!) is able to keep the tank clean and healthy with little maintenance. The supplied skimmer does require an external air pump (seperate purchase, as it is not provided with the unit)

•Easy to set-up and maintain

•Low voltage, high intensity 21 LED light with moonlight

•Integrated filtration system

•European circulation pump

•Dimensions: W180 x D225 x H245mm ~7w x 9D x 9.5H = 3 gallons

The Skimz iBOX Nano Tank comes complete with filtration system and high intensity 21 LED light. This nano tank is small enough to fit almost everywhere including your desk at work.

Skimz iBOX Nano Tank has been designed to make nano reef keeping easy. The optional protein skimmer is able to keep the tank clean and healthy with little maintenance.

IBox-Nano_Black2_rev1.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

Now thats more like it!, where can i get one? aquanet dont have them on their site,

:rotf: :digH:

Back to Helping Morcs,

It all about stability, the more water you have, the more stable your tank going to be.

In lieu of volume, you're going to have to put a heap more time and effort into it in terms of W/C's (like, daily) especially 'till your tank ages out properly. Also temperature fluctuations are going to be bigger.

Not to put you off, but ideally, if you want a nice nano that is not going to take all your time and effort, get a nano size display and have a sump on it to increase over all volume.

All your gear is neatly hidden away, You don't have to over-stress W/C's etc, and you'll have a better environment for your shrimp...

Just my opinion, but I do not like the "All in one" type tanks, not least since they tend to charge like a wounded bull for consumables and replacement parts. Also tends to work out cheaper doing it in components, and not a big initial out-lay.

:rotf: :digH:

Back to Helping Morcs,

It all about stability, the more water you have, the more stable your tank going to be.

In lieu of volume, you're going to have to put a heap more time and effort into it in terms of W/C's (like, daily) especially 'till your tank ages out properly. Also temperature fluctuations are going to be bigger.

Not to put you off, but ideally, if you want a nice nano that is not going to take all your time and effort, get a nano size display and have a sump on it to increase over all volume.

All your gear is neatly hidden away, You don't have to over-stress W/C's etc, and you'll have a better environment for your shrimp...

Just my opinion, but I do not like the "All in one" type tanks, not least since they tend to charge like a wounded bull for consumables and replacement parts. Also tends to work out cheaper doing it in components, and not a big initial out-lay.

Yep well put :thup:

Novelty tanks can end up just that novelty