My fishless cycle..

zeebee

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha sweet as. As an example though on my last tank (480l odd) i cycled with 2-3ppm ammonia and stocked with 40 cichlids (between 2-7cm, but mostly around five). With this amount there were no ammonia spikes/ mini cycles. It is pretty common to cycle with 2ppm over seas then fully stock with cichlids which are often "over stocked" and stocked all at once because of aggression issues.

Keep monitoring though for your own piece of mind and for future reference.

I just found this site http://dataguru.org/misc/aquarium/AmmoniaTox.html#ammonia.25ppm

Looks as though from my temp being 24 deg (75 deg Fahrenheit) and ph of 7, my toxicity is .001 which is in the white zone. Don't know if this table is correct though?

Anyway have done a large water change, acclimatised 5 danio, and have put them in their new home. They seem to love it so far.

Will see tomorrow morning..

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry Cricketman, didn't mean to offend. Thank you for your help, you probably were right as I lost a couple of fish.. but all seems good now. will post pic of tank soon

no offence taken. you can lead a horse to water... etc etc etc...

least you have the cojones to come on and apologise...

Tank is looking good :thup: