Fluval 205 or Aquis CF1050?

CodKing

On my old one, I broke a clip while trying to close it, but other than that not much. The tubing starts to go brown after a while but easily fixable.

If your able to assemble it by using pIctures you should be fine. The instructions aren't that clear.

My old one that finally gave was a few years old then anyway.

I guess I should have put in that I want a built in primer and I want to buy local :)

Both good points though...

Primers are a waste of time. Other than when you first install the plumbing or remove it is the only time you would use one. And a quick suck on the hose and will work far better. Most primers I've seen are useless anyway.

Fluvals are soooo good though! I've been using the 05 series for years and never once have had a problem.

Tubes are good, parts are cheap and flow rate is excellent and they come with an excellent warranty.

i can second that, had my 305 for around 4 years not one problem, and the flow rate never lessen if you clean it every couple of months ( im lucky if i do mine every 3 )

Fluvals are soooo good though! I've been using the 05 series for years and never once have had a problem.

Tubes are good, parts are cheap and flow rate is excellent and they come with an excellent warranty.

I can say the same about my CF1200s, and the exact opposite about all the fluval 404s I've thrown away.

Go the CF1200 you can't beat them I know people who have had them running for 6-7years with no issues, and if you do need parts they are dirt cheap and easy to get I think I brought some taps for one that I brought broken for like $11. Don't think you will find fluval parts that cheap..

So far it's 2 points to Fluval and 3 to Aqua One.

What about the differences between the new and old Aqua One models? The new ones have the primer but I'm not sure if there is any other real difference.

Thanks for the input, it's great not to go blind buying!