interested in nano marine

herperjosh

i had major problems when i had my 22 litre nano, my salintity got up to 1.038 because it evaporated so fast and my hydrometer was stuffed, my clowns survived but my shrimp died when i first put him in

Forgot about evaporation :facepalm: my 58 lite evaporated really quickly. Well nano is out of the question then.

I live in Sumner so I can get saltwater but I don't think it is clean. My tropical 200 litre had its front glass panel smashed in the febuary quake it had a stand and a hood do you think.it would be worth trying to replace the front panel and converting it to a saltwater tank?

I live in Sumner so I can get saltwater but I don't think it is clean. My tropical 200 litre had its front glass panel smashed in the febuary quake it had a stand and a hood do you think.it would be worth trying to replace the front panel and converting it to a saltwater tank?

yea probably be worth it, since ive upgraded from 90 to 180 its easier to keep the salinity at 1.024 - 25

get a overflow box, with the hole in the bottom sheet of glass, like a weir, this will mean that you skim the surface of your display tank, stops some of the scummage that some people experience. also means you can go straight through the stand to your sump.

I say this because it is what I have and has worked well for me so far.

get a overflow box, with the hole in the bottom sheet of glass, like a weir, this will mean that you skim the surface of your display tank, stops some of the scummage that some people experience. also means you can go straight through the stand to your sump.

I say this because it is what I have and has worked well for me so far.

Well it must work well for you to use it lol will get one done. My wallet will hate me for all of this....